We don’t operate a standard forward features list of monthly themes because we are online-only. If an article is fresh, insightful and interesting to our audience, we will post it.
As an HR site, we are mostly concerned with how we can help HR prepare for the future of work and how HR can solve modern workplace challenges.
Basically, if an article can help HR do their jobs better with insight and advice, we’re interested.
Saying that, we do have several regular content series which you might be interested in contributing to:
- A Day in the Life of - HR practitioners explain how they approach their work & daily challenges
- For/Against - 2 industry experts give their opposing views on a key issue, eg. holacracy, millennials, appraisals...
- HR After Dark - Anonymous submissions for annoyances or criticisms of the HR industry
- Academics Corner - Academics write about their latest research and its implications for HR professionals
- Say hello to... - short interviews with HR professionals who are new to their role; asking them about their priorities and challenges.
We will also be focusing on the following key topics throughout the year:
- January: Wellbeing in the workplace (physical & mental wellbeing, depression, anxiety, OCD, mindfulness, sleep, cancer, long-term health conditions, resilience, conversations, role of line managers & organisations, training)
- February: Employee benefits (financial wellbeing, flexible benefits, health & wellbeing benefits, global benefits, improving uptake, benefits communication, communication pensions to younger employees)
- March: HR technology (blockchain, people analytics, tech and wellbeing, tech and employee experience)
- April: Diversity and inclusion (unconscious biases, for/against quotas, dealing with discrimination, LGBT, disability, gender, age, BAME, neurodiversity)
- May: Organisational culture (employee satisfaction, virtual team culture, values, collaboration, teamwork, innovation, agility)
- June: Employee engagement (employee voice, trust, motivation, autonomy, communication)
- July: Talent (acquisition, retention, skills gap, impact of Brexit, diverse talent)
- August: Industry-specific HR (Finance, technology, public sector, customer services)
- September: Leadership (inclusive leadership, bad leadership, leading through transformation, women in leadership)
- October: Employee voice (social and tech focus, and employee voice in large organisations)
- November: Onboarding (new approaches, onboarding leadership, onboarding tech, line manager's role)